What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) stands for a set of regulations in the European Union (EU) law that cater to data protection and privacy rights of individuals within the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA). This set of rules also governs the export of individual's personal data outside the EU and the EEA. The GDPR was adopted on 14 April 2016 and became enforceable on 25 May 2018, after a two-year transition period. The primary objective of GDPR is to help the citizens gain control over their personal data and the usage of this data by websites and third parties.
About The Digital Group
The Digital Group (T/DG) is a leading provider of a broad range of Information Technology services. Our offices in the US, India and Fiji, provide support from the conceptualization phase, leading to development and operations. Our teams have been consistently delivering industry leading solutions to our valued customers for over 2 decades. T/DG also holds CMMi Level 5 certifications for Development (DEV) and Services (SVC) along with certifications in ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO 22301:2012 and SSAE 18.
Protecting User's Personal Data
It governs our approach to the collection, processing and usage of the personal information of our users. This policy also mentions the users' rights to their personal information and the choices they have regarding the collection and usage of their personal data.
How we Collect User's Information
As a visitor to our website, a user can choose to browse our websites without sharing any of their personal information. However, when a user registers for any of our products/services or subscribes to our emailers and blogs, the user shares personal information and we also get access to information about the user's geographical location. We also automatically collect information about the user's computer, its hardware and software, browser type, IP address, internet service provider (ISP), domain names, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), clickstream data, operating system, access times and referring website addresses.
When the user browses our websites or downloads or uses our products & applications, we use analytics to analyze and keep a track of the user's activities on the website and his/her interaction with the products & applications with the sole purpose of providing a better user experience. The activities we track include the frequency of user interaction, the average time spent, and application performance monitoring data. We may also collect and store location data, device model and version, the device identification code, the OS, and login credentials.
The purpose of collecting this information is to understand the user behavior on our websites and applications so that we can use the information to improve our services and user experience. We also collect data to learn if the user has visited our website or has used our application before and the channel through which he/she found us. We also use this information to identify the user as a prospective Digital HRMS customer. We inform users via email whenever user enters details for downloading marketing collaterals, such as brochures, case studies, corporate presentations, infographics and whitepapers, as well as when the user raises a request for a free trial or live demo of applications on our website and product sites.
How we Use the Information We Collect
- We use location based data to customize our services for the users and to improve the user experience with our websites, applications and software products.
- We procure the consent of each customer or client via an email before we publish a testimonial with their name and other details.
- We have strong security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to our user's personal information.
- When a user expresses interest in our products or services, or signs up for an account, we may use the contact information thus provided, to better customize our solutions to serve the user better.
- When a user creates an account with us, we may need extra personal data to ensure the security of the user account. Also, the passwords are encrypted for privacy and will not be viewable by us.
- The user's phone number or email address might be used to send direct or indirect marketing emails that we feel he/she will be interested in.
- We may record phone calls for staff training or sales quality purposes.
- The legal basis for processing the personal data of the users of Digital HRMS users is solely for the legitimate interest of our business.
- If a user unsubscribes from our portal or discontinues the association with us, then we will delete the user data within a period of 3 to 6 months of unsubscription. If any personal sensitive data is provided by the user during expression of interest or enquiry, that will also be deleted within 3 to 6 months.
- If a user is an existing customer, then in addition to the information mentioned above, we also need to collect data associated with payment processing, customer support and monitoring the usage of our services.
The Digital Group is a global company headquartered in the US and we may transfer personal data outside of the country it was collected in, or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we comply with the applicable legal requirements of providing adequate safeguards.
The same high standards of data protection and data privacy required by the GDPR are implemented throughout our company. Whenever we transfer personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will comply with applicable data protection laws.
The User's Rights Over Personal Data
As a user, you are the owner of your personal data and you have the rights to:
- View and restrict the processing or updating of any personal data we hold about you. For any additional information regarding this, please contact us.
- Remove any personal data that is not relevant towards a legal or contractual reason.
- Remove yourself from marketing campaign subscription lists by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email.