What is GDPR/SPDI?
About The Digital Group
The Digital Group (T/DG) is a leading provider of a broad range of Information Technology services. Our offices in the US, India and Fiji, provide support from the conceptualization phase, leading to development and operations. Our teams have been consistently delivering industry leading solutions to our valued customers for over 2 decades. We maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We adopt market leading security measures to protect your personal data.
Protecting User's Personal Data
It governs our approach to the collection, processing and usage of the personal information of our users. This policy also mentions the users' rights to their personal information and the choices they have regarding the collection and usage of their personal data.
How we Collect User's Information
As a visitor to our website, a user can choose to browse our websites without sharing any of their personal information. However, when a user visits our websites or registers for any of our products/services or subscribes to our emailers and blogs, the details about the user's browsing session are collected and stored as cookies, along with information about the user's geographical location, with the sole purpose of enhancing the user experience on our websites. We also automatically collect information about the user's computer, its hardware and software, browser type, IP address, internet service provider (ISP), domain names, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), clickstream data, operating system, access times and referring website addresses.
When the user browses our websites or downloads or uses our products & applications, we use analytics to analyze and keep a track of the user's activities on the website and his/her interaction with the products & applications with the sole purpose of providing a better user experience. The activities we track include the frequency of user interaction, the average time spent, and application performance monitoring data. We may also collect and store location data, device model and version, the device identification code, the OS, and login credentials.
The purpose of collecting this information is to understand the user behavior on our websites and applications so that we can use the information to improve our services and user experience. We also collect data to learn if the user has visited our website or has used our application before and the channel through which he/she found us. We also use this information to identify the user as a prospective Digital HRMS customer. We inform users via email whenever user enters details for downloading marketing collaterals, such as brochures, case studies, corporate presentations, infographics and whitepapers, as well as when the user raises a request for a free trial or live demo of applications on our website and product sites.
How we Use the Information We Collect
- We use location-based data to customize our services for the users and to improve the user experience with our websites, applications and software products.
- We procure the consent of each customer or client via an email before we publish a testimonial with their name and other details.
- We have strong security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to our user's personal information.
- When a user expresses interest in our products or services, or signs up for an account, we may use the contact information thus provided, to better customize our solutions to serve the user better.
- When a user creates an account with us, we may need extra personal data to ensure the security of the user account. Also, the passwords are encrypted for privacy and will not be viewable by us.
- The user's phone number or email address might be used to send direct or indirect marketing emails that we feel he/she will be interested in.
- We may record phone calls for staff training or sales quality purposes.
- The legal basis for processing the personal data of the users of Digital HRMS is solely for the legitimate interest of our business.
- If a user unsubscribes from our portal or discontinues the association with us, then we will delete the user data within a period of 3 to 6 months of unsubscription. If any personal sensitive data is provided by the user during expression of interest or enquiry, that will also be deleted within 3 to 6 months.
- If a user is an existing customer, then in addition to the information mentioned above, we also need to collect data associated with payment processing, customer support and monitoring the usage of our services.
Any information you give must be private and individualized to you. You hereby represent and warrant that the information you provide and/or distribute will not violate any third party's privacy rights, intellectual property rights, or other rights, and won't contain any material that is harassing, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, seditious, or indecent. T/DG does not allow any infringement with reference to any intellectual content or innovation developed by organization and there will be a possible legal implications for anyone found guilty of same.
The Digital Group is a global company headquartered in the US and we may transfer personal data outside of the country it was collected in, or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we comply with the applicable legal requirements of providing adequate safeguards.
The same high standards of data protection and data privacy required by the GDPR are implemented throughout our company. Whenever we transfer personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will comply with applicable data protection laws.
The User's Rights Over Personal Data
As a user, you are the owner of your personal data and you have the rights to:
- View and restrict the processing or updating of any personal data we hold about you. For any additional information regarding this, please contact us.
- Remove any personal data that is not relevant towards a legal or contractual reason.
- Remove yourself from marketing campaign subscription lists by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email.
AI Regulation: Ensuring Fair and Ethical AI
At The Digital Group (T/DG), we are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards when it comes to the use of AI algorithms in our projects. We follow industry best practices, including guidelines from organizations such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), to ensure fairness, transparency, and ethical principles in AI processing.
Fairness in AI:
We strive to eliminate bias in AI algorithms to ensure that they provide equal and fair treatment to all individuals and groups, regardless of their characteristics.
Our AI systems are regularly audited and tested for bias, and we take proactive measures to rectify any identified biases.
We believe in transparency and make efforts to provide clear explanations of how AI algorithms work and the data sources they use.
Users have the right to understand how AI is being utilized in our services, and we provide accessible information to facilitate this understanding.
T/DG adheres to a set of ethical principles when developing and deploying AI systems. These principles include respect for privacy, fairness, accountability, and the responsible use of AI technology.
We ensure that AI is used for beneficial purposes and avoid applications that could have harmful consequences.
User consent is obtained when necessary for AI data processing.
We align our AI practices with the guidelines provided by NIST and other relevant industry standards to promote trustworthy AI.
T/DG is dedicated to continuous improvement in AI ethics and governance. We regularly review and update our AI systems to incorporate the latest advancements and best practices in AI regulation.
There are cases when T/DG can retain copies of the personal data you requested it to erase. They concern the necessity to protect legitimate interests of T/DG or third parties, comply with governmental orders, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or enforce any agreement you may have formed with T/DG. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All data breaches can be notified to email@example.com. The request response time is one month.